There is so much good work going on in our community, and we are so thankful to be a small part of building the capacity of Douglas County organizations through our Community Grants program. In the fall of 2017, we granted more than $117,000 to 23 local organizations. Among them:
- Douglas County Dental Clinic received funding for new equipment for one of its dental operatory rooms.
- The Eudora Schools Foundation received a grant to provide mobile internet access to students who do not have internet at home or need access while traveling to school-sponsored events.
- Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center will use its grant to upgrade furnishings in its transitional housing units.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Douglas County’s grant will support the Bigs in Blue program, which matches children with mentors who are law enforcement officers.
- O’Connell Youth Ranch received funding for new washers and dryers for its youth homes.
Our Community Grants support a wide range of local projects in the areas of arts and culture, children and youth, community development, education, health, housing and human services.You can see a full list of 2017 grant recipients and their projects on our website. Community Grants are awarded twice a year, and the deadline for applications for the Spring of 2018 is Thursday, February 1. Organizations may apply once per calendar year. For more information on eligibility guidelines, application tips, and the community grants process please visit the Community Grants page on our website, or contact Lori Trenholm, our Community Investment Officer.