It is easy to help your client establish a named charitable fund. The task can be completed in less than a day. Here are the steps:
- Decide what type of contribution the client would like to use to establish the fund. A donor can contribute cash, securities, real estate or other assets.
- Select a name for the fund. Donors can use their own names, the name of a family member or a fund name they invent.
- Designate current fund advisors, such as the client and spouse, and successor advisors such as children.
- Complete and sign a simple governing document that we will provide and help customize for the donor.
Once a fund is established, donors may:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Recommend distributions from their fund to charities located anywhere in the United States.
To get started, contact our executive director.