The Elizabeth Schultz Environmental Fund supports a wide variety of local efforts to preserve and understand nature. Projects may address the fund's goals in scientific, cultural, educational, aesthetic or economic ways. We conduct one grant cycle each year. The 2017 application deadline is October 2.
Guidelines, Application and Budget Form
Please carefully review our guidelines before applying for a grant.
Make sure you are using a current version of Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
Applicant Log-in Page (to start, edit and submit an application)
Returning Organizations: If your organization has applied for any DCCF grant since January, 2014, it already has an established account within our online Grant Center. If you are unable to locate the established account login, please contact Lori Trenholm, our Director of Community Investment and ask to be added to you organization's account as a new user.
- New Organizations: If this is the first time your organization has applied for a DCCF grant since January, 2014, create a new account.
Click on the current year's Elizabeth Schultz Environmental Fund Grant Application. As you work on your application, you can save a draft and come back to it later.
For the grant budget question, download the DCCF Grant Budget Form and complete it in Microsoft Excel. After saving it in Excel, please convert it to a one page PDF file. You will be prompted to upload the file within the application form.
Note: Your uploaded budget must display as a one page PDF. Please double check this before uploading.
Submit when your application, including all required PDF attachments, is ready for community foundation review.
Previous Grant Recipients
- Lawrence Arts Center, KU Endowment, City of Lawrence
- Douglas County Conservation District, Friends of the Kaw, Kansas Humanities Council, Rubber & Glue Co. Garden Project, Saint John Catholic School, Sunrise Project (2015)
- City of Lawrence Common Ground Incubator Farm, City of Lawrence Common Ground Pearl Clark Garden, Friends of the Kaw (2014)
- Lawrence Public Schools for Free State High School and the Kansas Rural Center (2013)
- City of Lawrence for the Lawrence Fruit Tree Project, Community Mercantile Education Foundation, Kansas Land Trust, St. John Catholic School (2012)
- Black Jack Battlefield Trust, Ecumenical Christian Ministries, Grassland Heritage Foundation, Kansas Land Trust, Lawrence Arts Center, Lawrence-Douglas County Planning and Development Services, Prairie Moon Waldorf School, Sancta Maria School (2011)
- Community Mercantile Education Foundation, City of Lawrence, USD 497 Wakarusa Valley School, and the Jayhawk Audobon Society (2010)
- Ecumenical Christian Ministries, the Kansas Land Trust, Friends of the Kaw, Lawrence Youth Ensemble/LCAVA, Lawrence Community Nursery School, Monarch Watch, and the Lawrence Arts Center, and Black Jack Battlefield Trust (2009)
- Spencer Museum of Art, Waldorf Association of Lawrence, Lecompton Elementary School, Friends of Hidden Valley, and the Kansas Rural Center (2008)
- Operation Wildlife, the Grassland Heritage Foundation, the KU Natural History Museum, and the Kansas Audio-Reader Network (2007)
- Bonneville Environmental Foundation, Kansas Biological Survey, Jayhawk Audobon Society, and Ken Lassman (2006)