The Douglas County Community Foundation seeks a program officer. Primary areas of responsibility are grant supervision, grant and scholarship program oversight, nonprofit community relations and office operations.
This is a 75% time salaried position.
- Develops and manages all aspects of the foundation’s unrestricted grantmaking program.
- Develops and manages all aspects of several grant and scholarship competitions.
- Oversees grantmaking from donor-advised and other restricted funds.
- Manages the foundation’s online grants center and donor software.
II. Nonprofit Community Relations
- Plans and manages educational programs for nonprofit boards and staff.
- Fosters positive, productive relationships with diverse community organizations and officials.
- Stays abreast of activity in the community’s nonprofit sector.
III. Office Operations
- Trains and oversees daily work of administrative officer.
- Serves as staff lead on donor and grant software.
Requires minimum of 5 years of professional experience, with some experience in a nonprofit or foundation setting. Experience in nonprofit, project and budget management required.
Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, public or nonprofit administration or related field.
- Successful applicant will be tech savvy and able to learn and manage several IT programs and tools.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must, as are attention to detail, time management, and the ability to multitask.
- Must thrive with independent work in an entrepreneurial environment with increasing responsibility.
- High ethical and professional standards required.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be a self-starter able to work independently.
Competitive; based on experience.
Email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Douglas County Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, and military or veteran status.