Establishing a charitable fund is simple, has many benefits, and can be done in less than a day.
Working with our staff, and your financial planner if you choose, you will take these steps:
- Select the type of fund that best supports your charitable goals. Our staff will outline your options and discuss the advantages of each.
- Review DCCF Administrative Provisions for our funds which includes information about: types of donors and funds; naming of funds; tax deductions and limitations; administrative fees schedule; and investment of funds.
- Complete a simple fund agreement that makes your intentions clear. See a sample donor-advised fund agreement here.
- Designate current fund advisors such as yourself and spouse, and successor advisors such as your children.
- Make an establishing gift of cash, stock or other assets.
You will receive a tax deduction at the time you make the establishing gift and when you make additional contributions to the fund.
Once your fund is established, you may direct grants from it to charities in the local area or throughout the United States.
To get started, contact our executive director.